What a seller needs to know when selling their property
According to the National Association of Realtors, the top 5 benefits home sellers received from their real estate agent:
- Help in understanding the selling process
- Marketing the property on various websites and publications
- Negotiating a better sales contract and terms
- Understanding the step by step process of closing
- Provided a better list of service providers when needed
What is Agency? How does Agency affect me as a seller?
The Real Estate Commission encourages Realtors to explain the various types of agency which reflects who is representing the buyer and seller:
Buyer’s Agency– The Agent is representing the buyers, exclusively
Seller’s Agency– The Agent is representing the seller, exclusively
Designated Agency– An Agent from the firm is designated as an agent for the seller
Facilitator– The agent is not representing either buyer or seller exclusively but is a facilitating the transaction.
Dual Agency– The agent is representing both buyer and seller at the same time. This is not often used.
How to prepare your home for market?
- Thoroughly sweep and pressure was the exterior including walkways and driveway.
- Wash windows inside and out
- Freshen the front door, add a welcome mat
- Maintain landscaping and keep the exterior free of trash, equipment, and toys
- Keep counters free of dishes and clutter
- Empty the garbage, make beds, and run a quick vaccum.
- Turn on lights, especially on rainy, dark days
- Avoid wall fragrances, instead, leave fresh flowers or apples and cinnamon on stove on low heat